If you love Christmas Pudding and chocolate this may be the recipe for you, we're sharing our Christmas Pudding Brownie recipe so you can have a go at making them yourself.
This is an extremely boozy brownie mixture and involves soaking the fruit overnight in your spirit cupboard.
Alternatively you could just get us to make the Christmas Pudding Brownies for you anywhere in Europe
325g Dark Chocolate
175g Soft Brown Sugar
90g Flaked Almonds
170g Sultanas Currents and Raisins
80g Glacé Cherries
30g Chopped Mixed Candied Peel
200ml Guinness / Stout
50 ml Brandy
25 ml Irish Whisky
4 Medium Eggs
1 teaspoon orange oil
1 teaspoon lemon oil
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- In a non metallic bowl add the mixed fruit, candied peel and cherries and pour over the Guinness and all other Alcohol. Add the orange oil, lemon oil and mixed spice. Cover and leave in the fridge over night.
- The next day melt the butter and chocolate over a Bain Marie on the hob or in the microwave blasting for 20 seconds stirring and repeating until fully melted. Set the oven to 160c.
- Cream the Eggs and Sugar together in a mixer or by hand until frothy
- Add the flour, cocoa and melted butter and chocolate to the mix and combine all ingredients. Then fold in the soaked fruit and spice mix and add the flaked almonds.
- Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking parchment. Pour in the brownie mix and place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes, they are best left to set in the fridge overnight and warmed slightly the next day. These will also keep for a few weeks and will actually get better, you could feed them with more spirits if you desired;-)
- Cut into around 15-20 pieces.
- Enjoy with brandy butter or custard or ice cream or all of the above ;-)